Sunday, November 18, 2012

Slutever Serves


Slutever Searches for Glamour and Give Us Everything

Images taken from Slutever
I have no clue how I got there, but I found Karley Sciortino’s online masterpiece for Vice Magazine, Slutever. Holy Shit. Whaaaaaaa, a commenter says, “vagspiration” and I totally agree. Stinging sarcasm leaks from the ode to Sex in the City web-a-sode that drops everything Samantha couldn’t have said and maybe didn’t even know about, at your desk and demands you admit that maybe you weren’t as “wild” as you thought you were. This little piece of heaven gives us another reason to be thankful for Internet self-starters.

Image taken from Jezebel
Also, Sciortino’s blog announces she’ll be writing an advice column for Jezebel. Um, thank you, because I would absolutly love to see more.  I find her advice to be pleasantly practical, humorous, and not what I expected to hear, which keeps me reading. For example, a concerned reader wrote asking about shaving her special, feminine areas. Sciortino wrote:

Don't shave. Shaving is for girls in spaghetti strap tank tops who love tanning and have that mysterious type of hair that's like vaguely crunchy but also somehow permanently wet?? (How the fuck do they do that by the way?) Seriously, every time I see a completely shaved vaj all I can think about is the skin on an uncooked chicken leg—you know what I mean? Like all fleshy and raw, and covered in little bumps. That is not glamorous. When a guy looks at your vagina you want him to be thinking about a mysterious cave of unknown pleasures, not how good it would taste with BBQ sauce.

The rest of this post is just as good, unless of course you are totally offended by this. In which case, I have to ask, Aren't there bigger fish to fry than a little bush?


Moving on, the show I’m posting here “Sex is Fashion” where Sciortino embarks on a quest for glamour, and the all important and illusive tips on how to have sex with the male models at fashion week. She interviews glam expert, Sophia Lamar to get the low down on all of the required etiquette needed to be a proper glam princess. If you have a minute I’d watch it, watch the whole damn thing, I defiantly had some Laughs Out Loud. If you love inappropriate humor, served to you fresh by a quick witted woman, you’ll love this.

Here's the trailer for the series, but follow the link below or click here to watch the video of Vice's page.

Links
Jezebel
Vice
Slutever

ALSO: don't be afraid to click that button in the top right to follow this blog. 
@jaime_glam for twitter, or look up this blog at Blogluvin

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Mary BangBang HancockNovember 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

    I have literally spent the last hour browsing her blog. I am amazed by this woman. I want to know her. I don't see what she's doing as slutty at all; I see it as liberating. I also think that she has been creating an interesting image for herself. She makes her sexual exploration an approachable issue by being humorous, such as by using exaggerated facial expressions and ditzy language. She's taking the taboo out of talking about sex for those who are ready to engage. She has a wild side to her... she's not afraid to do what she wants to do no matter how raucous it is. And honestly, why don't more people act this way? Life is a temporary condition and who cares what strangers think of what we do? We want to look professional? Well professionalism is incredibly limited. We get certified in an area by the right authorities so that we can have credibility in that area. Fuck that. Mix it up Karley... blow my mind, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary I completely agree, and to be frank you said it better than I could have. I admire her. She has the type of attitude I wish I could enlist more often. I appreciate and am grateful for her candid approach to her sexuality am I'm glad she appears to be growing more popular.

      PS. International readers please feel free to comment! I'd love to know who you are am I am so excited you found me!

      Delete
  2. "Seriously, every time I see a completely shaved vaj all I can think about is the skin on an uncooked chicken leg—you know what I mean? Like all fleshy and raw, and covered in little bumps." That gave me life lol

    This makes me smile for a variety of reasons. It's comical genius, but it's also, almost theoretically sound in a way. It's an approach to sexuality that is refreshing. It is not shaming, but not so empowered in a way that's completely non-human.

    ReplyDelete